Beautiful But Ugly
Grew up and lived in Madison for over 30 years before leaving it behind. In all honesty, it's a beautiful little capital city nestled between lakes and seeing respectable growth.
- Nature. Lot's of conservation efforts. Great parks and lakes inside the city. Just a short drive to even more natural beauty to the north and west.
- Farmers market. Top 5 in the U.S. imo. Access to farm CSA's is amazing too.
- Some amazing city neighborhoods. Near west side has Greenbush, Vilas and Regent neighborhoods, and the Atwood and Jenifer neighborhoods on the east side are all beautiful, walkable and safe.
- Economy is still small but growing fast.
- Expensive. Housing has shot through the roof. Taxes are really high. While the economy is growing, it's nowhere on par with costs of living. Only luxury condos/apts have been built in the last 20 years, mostly on the outskirts of town where its unwalkable. Nearly the entirety of Read More