Houston, TX is a great place for job growth. With an estimated future job growth of 24.26%, it is significantly higher than the US average of 30.54%. Additionally, the unemployment rate in Houston is 5.1%, which is lower than the nationwide rate of 4.1%. This means that there are plenty of jobs available in Houston and its economy continues to grow steadily each year. The city also offers a wide range of industries and businesses to those looking for work so that everyone can find something that suits them best.
The unemployment rate in Houston is 8.0% (U.S. avg. is 6.0%)
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- That Job Growth in Houston has been Positive.
- Jobs have Increased by 3.2% over the past year.
- The average salary in Houston is $56,019.
- The median home cost in Houston is $247,900
JOB HELPFUL RESOURCES
- Best paying jobs in Houston? Legal ($101,130)
- Worst paying jobs? Personal Care ($15,438)
- Highest paying industry jobs? Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction ($111,555)
- Lowest paying industry jobs? Accommodation and Food Services ($19,526)
- Average Income of Residents in Houston ($35,578) compared to USA ($37,638)
- The Unemployment Rate in Houston (8) is higher than USA (6)
PROCESS OF JOB SEARCH
View jobs in occupation categories below. It is important to join a job site search that offers legally protected status, inclusive workplace, and diverse and inclusive workplace if you're looking for work in Houston. A team that respects gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, and other legally protected status are important to look for.
Diverse and inclusive employers are looking for job seekers with a wide range of skills and experience. You can find jobs in Houston, Texas that match your qualifications.
| EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION||Houston, Texas||United States