Select a New Section:

Unknown
Colorado

Start Your Review of Colorado, CO

9/19/2016
way too expensive you guys are crazy
I love it ! I get to wake up every morning at 5 Am and eat soup ! I get live in a box by myself fro the rest of my life ! its wonderful ....

2/22/2016
Great place to live
Wonderful climate, great economy, jobs, property values and the mountains are close by

8/16/2015
Denver is horrible
Stay away. It sucks

8/7/2015
Cost of living
Rent is through the roof! $1500 for a one bedroom apartment! Outrageous! I am ready to move back to TN or someplace more affordable.

8/4/2015
Outdoor Paradise
If you like outdoor sports, you would like it here.

6/30/2014
I love CO
Colorado is an amazing state. This weekend we went to Bishop's Castle. We also drove over to Leadville, Buena Vista, Salida, Canyon City, and a few other beautiful cities as well. We drove through on a weekend!

6/20/2014
Close to perfect
While everybody is marvelling about 'the sunshine state' California, I find Colorado a real champion in terms of climate and health. The very high level of sunny days makes it even fun to enjoy the occasional rainy day because you know that tomorrow the sun will be shining again. The high altitude living has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system and the intensity of the sun rays which in turn is good for Vitamin D synthesis, helping the immune system.
It is a very dry climate which makes the summer heat much more bearable, albeit in down town Denver the summers can get really, really hot because of the lack of vegetation and the tarmac areas.

4/21/2014
Very High Cost of Living
I have lived in Fort Collins for almost 11 years now. The weather is nice but the cost of living is horrible. Everything is going up and the prices of homes is high. I have owned 4 homes here. It takes 2 people to work with tons of overtime to survive. The food here is also bad. I agree with the statements of some of the people...not very good food. I dont like living in a College town, alot of drinking, parties, and the downtown is just full of college kids. The property taxes are some of the highest in the nation with very small land. I love the mountains and fresh air, but we are going to move because the cost of living is to much and cant save anything. The roads are horrible in town. For all the tourist we get and the taxes we pay, I would think we would have better roads, and lower taxes. Its great if your young and love the night life here, alot of bars and drinking. I think I am just getting to old for this place. We moved on the outskirts of town hoping for a peaceful living, and it was not to be...college parties still everywhere even in the expensive homes. The economy has drivin more and more people to live under one roof. Its not the same anymore....off to a cheaper place. I will miss the mountains. Pay is not good here, but everything is much higher in price than most other cities. I will leave this town for the young at heart.

11/21/2013
critters
Colorado is a great place to live if you love outdoors and/or prefer more cosmopolitan living. We have mountains, plains, even a little desert, plus cities like Denver and Colorado Springs. We have suffered some growing pains with lots of people moving in from other states - more crowded highways, more crowds in general, more encroachment on open land, etc. The biggest problems come from folks who want Colorado to be like their "old places". So, a word of caution. If you don't want wild life in your yard, Colorado may not be the best place for you. You will want to educate yourself about wild life, since foxes, racoons, coyotes, deer and the occasional bear, cougar, skunk, elk or moose, do wander into more populated areas as their habitats shrink. Rabbits, mice, rats, squirrels and prairie dogs are just about everywhere. If you want to live in the country or up in the mountains, there will be wild life and they will come into your yard. Please choose a city or town to live in if you don't like how farming smells. It may not always smell wonderful, but we all like to eat. Horse and/or cattle operations may not be the best neighbors for folks with sensitive noses, either.

7/16/2013
Sunny days
Colorado has lots of mood lifting sunny days.

6/27/2013
I Didn't like Denver
This is strictly my opinion after living in Denver for 17 years.

Here's why I didn't like Denver - the "mile high" (5,280 ft above sea level) altitude was very difficult to adjust to. Also, with Denver being a mile high, it is considered semi-arrid, the truth is that you can't possibly drink enough water to stay hydrated and there isn't enough moisturizing lotion in the world to keep you from drying out like a mummy and trust me, your hands will look like they belong on a mummy. I found the people to be mean. Forget trying to make friends if you aren't in one of the "clique" neighborhoods; Parker, Highlands Ranch, Roxborough. Denverites are shallow and phoney (sp?). My spouse retired and we left Denver never to return!

5/26/2013
Don't like the weather? Wait 10 minutes..
The weather here is so incredibly changeable.... Nothing lasts long enough to get tiresome.

4/23/2013
Conrad Balll Middle School
Conrad ball needs to up the education of it's Middle schooler's!

2/7/2013
Colorado tech jobs??
I want to relocate to Colorado from Louisiana so badly its not funny. Lousyana is more like it here. Sorry to say but the weather sucks, hurricanes, humidity, and mosquitos too. Plus there are no tech jobs to really speak of, and the pay here is really low, like terribly low.

11/19/2012
Climate
Colorado is one of the best places to live and cannot be surpassed for beauty. It is also the friendliest place on the planet.

1 2 3 4 5

Compare Colorado, Colorado to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: