Albuquerque, New Mexico

243 Reviews | Review This Place | Photos and Maps

Thanks for Voting!

Reviews for Albuquerque  based on 243 Reviews

Get to know Albuquerque with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Albuquerque

Albuquerque, NM is a great city - 12/2/2019
Albuquerque, NM is a great city filled with innovative technology, such as a bus with its own dedicated lane on the street.

The crime here is low, and if you’re used to living in any major city, such as Juarez, Tijuana, or Mexico City, you should be fine here.

Albuquerque has thriving industries in qualifying for federal dollars (a major source of job growth) and drug trafficking. There are many jobs available in the latter, and it’s a great place to get ahead in your career, because the justice system does not keep people in prison that effectively or for that long.

If you’re looking for career networking, there are multiple prison gangs that operate in and out of prison, such as SNM.

Albuquerque is a great place to raise a family, because the government provides Medicaid and SNAP to help cover the expenses.

There are many fun indoor activities in Albuquerque, such as staying home and watching Netflix on weekends Read More
Mark | ,  | Reply | 2 Replies

Start Your Review of Albuquerque

I can see why people live here, but man, the crime - 12/1/2019
You can look up the statistics for yourself. The really amazing weather. The low cost of living. The high crime rates. The high rate of babies being born on Medicaid. The high rate of welfare use. The poverty, etc.

As someone who's lived here for six years, what I can add is my personal experience.

Before moving here, I experienced two instances of crime in my life during several decades. In the years I've lived here, I've experienced some instance of crime happening to me or my friends or family or someone near me (such as on my street or apartment complex) approximately once every month and a half.

i'm truly floored by how much crime and illegal behavior has been part of my life here. I don't lead a very dangerous or foolhardy life or anything.
-multiple long SWAT raids on my street
-people being shot on my street
-drug dealing on my street
-concern about retaliation from said violent drug-dealers while trying to deal Read More

Albuquerque's Crime Problem is REAL - 11/24/2019
I lived in Albuquerque for over 20 years and finally had to move away because of the crime and economic problems. After my car was stolen (from inside my garage, my bike was stolen, and I was mugged for a petty amount of cash in the NE Heights, I called it quits.

People will claim Albuquerque "isn't so bad" when compared to (Insert city here). But the FBI crime statistics say otherwise. The city is home to the nation's highest rate of car theft, top 5 overall property crime, New Mexico is top 10 for violent crime, and as of November 2019, Albuquerque is about to hit its all-time record for homicides. I remember sometime in the past year hearing the city had 113 shootings in 114 days.

All of this is absolutely ridiculous and totally unacceptable for anyone who wants to live a quiet, peaceful life or raise kids there. But the dirty, dark secret is that it has been this way for a LOOOOONNNG time. If I recall correctly, Albuquerque hit its previous murder Read More

Albuquerque is far better than most cities in the - 11/16/2019
I am a 20 year retired military NCO. I have lived in multiple cities in multiple states. Albuquerque is beautiful and the cost of living is perfect. I read imbecilic negative comments regarding the Duke City. If you think Albuquerque is bad, then you must despise NJ, NY, ATL, LOUISIANA, MICHIGAN, DC, CAL, AZ, OK. These states have far more crime than NM. I have an idea... if you dont like Albuquerque, LEAVE!! I40 runs East to West, I25 runs North to South, pick one and LEAVE! Albuquerque already has far too many foreigners living here. Our freeway worked beautifully in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. Today its gridlock because of all the foreigners from other states. Just move out, or dont move in. Bye byeRead More

I love Albuquerque warts and all - 10/16/2019
These reviews on here for cities, almost any city, are fairly predictable. Nobody writes unless they have something to complain about.
Is Albuquerque the Paris of the Southwest? No. Is it a sh*thole? Absolutely not. In fact, it's one of the prettiest cities I've ever lived in. You just have to get to know it, know it well, and be on guard of where you are and what you're doing. Albuquerque natives really want nothing so much as they want to mind their own business and let you mind yours. Keep that in mind in your day-to-day dealings with folks and you'll be just fine.
Albuquerque has definite problems. Crime and poverty are near the top. Sure, they need to be discussed in order to try and come to a solution, and merely discussing them because they do exist is not an unfair slam on Albuquerque. On the other hand, it's certainly not the only place that this is happening.
It's a beautiful city in a beautiful state. With a little luck and a lot of common Read More

I was bamboozled into moving to Albuquerque NM! - 10/13/2019
I call this place I have been living for 3 years, Albuquerque New Mexico, an Un-Enchanting Wasteland. They are building so many huge homes in the high desert that it is giving me all types of health ailments. It's not the crime it's not the people it's not the land it's not the sun it is the weather conditions that have destroyed me here. Constant dust is scratching my gastric and I have many ailments including tinnitus and other not so pleasant things due to the conditions of the weather and elevation and how it is and that is the only thing that is killing me Read More

Thinking of Moving to ABQ? Read This First. - 8/25/2019
If you are a Californian, Texan or New Yorker looking to move to Albuquerque for the cheap housing, listen closely: YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! High crime, high unemployment, low growth in house equity and poverty.

My 30+ years in Albuquerque were filled with crime and hassle. I lived in a nice NE heights neighborhood and had cars broken into (one was even taken on a high speed chase) and stuff constantly stolen like bikes and lawn equipment. My father-in-law got a neat steel buffalo ornament for his lawn and it was gone in one week. I once left my bike in the rack outside a gas station and came out and it was gone in less than 2 minutes! My wife had her car broken into twice and her basement broken into once before moving in with me.

Look at the news stories from the past few years! An elderly woman got stabbed as she walked home with her groceries near the ABQ Academy (a NICE part of town). A man was found crucified to a tree in the valley. A guy was Read More

Disgusting place that has so much potential - 8/16/2019
This town is disgusting! I had no idea there were so many panhandlers, sometimes four per corner. The drivers will give you anxiety by doing 25mph under or 40 mph over. Albuquerque has such potential since it's such a beautiful area but so many of the people that live here are lazy, entitled, and rude. I am relocating after 3 1/2 yrs of living here. Rent is overpriced and buying a house is tough for anyone that doesn't make $60,000. Even the gated communities have people sneaking in and attempting car and house break-ins. The dating pool is very shallow for working professionals that are any sort of quality Read More

The Land of Entrapment - 6/25/2019
I was born in abq and I've lived here since (22 years), and am leaving next year. Most of these reviews are dead accurate about the crime, poverty, and corruption. Maybe I'm just used to it by now and I haven't had the experience of living in another city, but I'm still able to see how incredibly shitty this place is. It really is the Land of Entrapment for a reason. I'll start with the pros.

1. Amazing weather. Even though it's bipolar, you get all four seasons and it's almost never hotter than 95º in the summer. (It's even better in the east mountains)
2. Green Chile. That's all. Nothing compares to real New Mexico green chile.
That's all for pros

CONS
1. Horrible crime... particularly in the hispanic community, and anywhere you go in the city, you'll find shady shit going on, yes even in the nice neighborhoods. I literally never go anywhere without my knife, mace, and cat keys in my hands. Car theft is also HUGE here, #1 in the U.S but Read More

Not for me. - 6/19/2019
Having visited ABQ for many, many years, I have to agree with the line from one of my favorite shows, Breaking Bad. Skyler asks Marie if she is going to visit Hank while he’s in El Paso? Marie replies “ El Paso, are you kidding? This place is Third World enough!” Couldn’t agree Read More

Compare Albuquerque, New Mexico to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
Check out the latest Maps in a variety of categories including cost of living, population, and commute time.Albuquerque,New Mexico Map
ZIP CODES IN ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
87121, 87114, 87120, 87111, 87123, 87112, 87109, 87110, 87108, 87107, ... 17 more

NEW LISTINGS IN ALBUQUERQUE

$299,850
5821 Cubero Dr NE
Bed 3 | Bath 3

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION

Includes Cost of Living compares for child care, utilities, transportation, health, taxes, housing for home owners vs renters, weather, insurance premiums and so much more.