Spokane, Washington

138 Reviews | Review This Place | Photos and Maps

Reviews for Spokane  based on 138 Reviews

Get to know Spokane with the latest comments and reviews from people who live in or have visited Spokane

There’s a reason for all the bad reviews - 6/16/2019
There’s a reason there are so many bad reviews... I moved here a couple years ago and was pretty surprised at the ignorance of the people born and raised here. There’s a local pride in Spokane that is admirable and understandable when you’ve spent most or all your life in an area, but as many others stated, this place is disproportionately overridden with drug use, poorly educated and just an overall complacency that makes you wonder why everyone around here settles for such a poor quality of life. Seeing broken out car and building windows, drug use, violence and aggressive behavior downtown during mid day is completely normal here. Hard to put into words some of the things I’ve learned while being here but compared to many other areas, 2 stars is plenty for Spokane.  Read More

Start Your Review of Spokane

Pacific Northwest Bush League - 6/6/2019
Quick Facts about Spokane:
*Ranked #1 for the "Worst City for Jobs" in North America in both 2012 and 2015. Ranked #4 in 2014.

*Nick-named "Scam Capital of America" in 2009 due to Widespread Business Fraud by Forbes.

*Business fraud trends have been documented far back as 1988, 2002, and ongoing through 2011.

*6.26 Violent Crime stat per 1,000 residents compared to the national median of 4. Washington State's average is 3.04 per 1,000 according to Neighborhood Scout. Chances of being a victim of violent crime is 1 in 160.

*Property Crime is 72.3 per 1,000 residents. Compared to 31.74 in washington state. 24 is the National Median. Chances of being a victim of a property crime is 1 in 14 in Spokane.

*According to Neighborhood Scout,
Spokane is safer than 1% of U.S. Cities.

*According to Neighborhood Scout,Read More
| | ,  | Reply | No Replies

WHAT THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER REPORTS - 4/7/2019
This is not my first review but will probably be my last. My last reviews received many "disagree" which is shocking since everything I wrote was based on first hand experience. How can someone disagree with something that is true. (Ignorance?) So I thought I would try another approach by stating some issues covered by the local newspaper in the past year. Junkies are shooting up in the public library and they put in blue lights. (Anybody else thinks this is incredibly stupid and not a solution?) 77,000 pounds of debris has been removed the parks/rivers, etc. 500 abandoned houses. High crime especially property crime. High homelessness. The city of Spokane just spent $500,000 on a marketing campaign. How is that not just plain "stupid"? Why not use that money to clean up the trash? More first hand experience: sales clerk at Nordstrom told me she found a used needle in the restroom. Amazon jobs that are coming are low paying jobs. Come see for yourself - ride down Read More

Loving Spokane! - 11/27/2018
My husband and I retired to Spokane and we're loving it! We had a list of criteria. After checking out many places in Oregon, Idaho and Washington, we found that Spokane met every one. Plus, just as importantly, when we came to visit on several occasions before moving, we had a positive emotional reaction to the beauty of the area and the energy of the city. This was our list of criteria. It's in no particular order except cost of good quality housing was a major consideration.

Affordable nice homes
Good medical care
Airport
At least one major university. Spokane has many plus a new medical school which was a big bonus since my husband is a retired medical researcher and would like to get involved part time.
Beautiful scenery and interesting places to take day trips
Forests and water (LOTS of lakes & rivers here)
Places to kayak, walk and hike
An art scene, both visual and performing
Farmers markets and good restaurantsRead More

Moving, please read & advise - 9/15/2018
O.K., we need some help / advise from you all, especially the negative review writers. My wife and I live in Colorado Springs, (seems like paradise after reading the reviews here) I must say it is the exact opposite of what I have been reading, been here 15 years and have not seen one meth-head homeless person, hardly any crime, etc. In the next 2 years I have to move to WA, OR or ID for my work. We have a 9 yr old and 7 yr old boy. I love the mountains here in Colorado, but having grown up in Minnesota, and also living on water on the Gulf of Mexico, I really miss water and fishing, very very little here in Colorado. I live to live within 2 hours of either the Seattle, Portland, or Spokane airport. We were all excited about buying a house on water, maybe Coeur d Alene or Bend Oreille, but after reading these reviews of Spokane we are now scared to death of moving in that area. Our kids would be involved in sports, etc, and now are concerned about if they had to travel to Read More

White Trash Haven - 9/13/2018
The one difference Shitkane has over other cities is that there is NO good area. All cities have bad areas but Shitkane is bad everywhere. White trash everywhere, no pride of ownership, homelessness growing and they are young and drugged out. They allow homeless in front of businesses, they allow half naked man passed out in residential areas. People live in rv's and will park on your street until cops come and that can take days while your children can watch them sell drugs. Shortage of police and they will not come out unless there is a weapon. Homeless leave trash by the river. Summers are hazardous smoke and winters can be very bad. Housing and what you get here is so pitiful. The homes built are the cheapest of the cheap and you pay a lot for what you get. The comments about how good it is just tells you of how dumb these people are. They think it's acceptable to leave their couch on the porch and mattresses on the side of the road. If you have no motivation and have the tribal Read More

Not recommended - 9/11/2018
First time back for a visit after 7 years and its like nothing changed ....meth addicts everywhere ...roads are horible...good quality services is unheard of here.....went to the dollar store on my way from my car to the store a meth adict girl asks me casually if i am interested in some bags of rocks wtf!!! Well maybe i will wait another 7 years to visit again but i will most likely will never be back Read More

City not as bad as some say, come see 4 urself! - 8/16/2018
I've lived in Spokane for over half of my life, I'm 45, and no matter where I roam whether it's vacation or past moves to other areas, Spokane will always be home to me.
Granted, the city has its pros and cons.
Then again, what city doesn't have their share of problems?
I traveled to many cities over the years and trust me, there are far worse cities than Spokane out there.
All I will say is, some reviews on here are believable, and some are a tad over exaggerated to the point that leads me to believe that maybe they're anti-growth/development.
They're hoping to discourage people from moving here by making the area seem much uglier than it truly is..
For example, I have friends that live in Austin, TX and they're always saying negative opinions about their city and discouraging people to move there.
Back on subject:
whether people like it or not, Spokane is growing now and people are moving here.
After years of having a slow and Read More

Spokane: Growing, improving - 8/16/2018
Granted, the city has its pros and cons.
Then again, what city doesn't have their share of problems?
Back on subject:
After years of having a slow and Read More

Welfare Town - 6/19/2018
Oh, how I can't wait to escape this nasty place, it's been a long 4 1/2 years. It's over run with white trash, drugged out basket cases. This town is full of imbeciles, complete imbeciles. Just overrun with disgusting people who suck the teat of Washington's welfare system. They move from Montana, Idaho, California and Seattle area to get on welfare and do drugs.

The police do nothing about this, the jails don't hold them. If you do need the police in Spokane, good luck. Spokane is a haven for the worst sort of people. Ungrateful, disgusting, lazy, brain dead scoundrels who should all be neutered. High property crime rates of course.

Not much opportunity as this is an economically depressed little city.

This is a conservative and religious place.

Full of bigots. This is the only place I've lived where men think they can approach a strange woman and order her to smile! Lots of sexist pigs out here. It's always young Read More

Compare Spokane, Washington to any other place in the USA.

MAPS OF SPOKANE, WASHINGTON
Check out the latest Maps in a variety of categories including cost of living, population, and commute time.Spokane,Washington Map
ZIP CODES IN SPOKANE, WASHINGTON
99208, 99205, 99223, 99207, 99203, 99224, 99202, 99217, 99201, 99026, ... 11 more

NEW LISTINGS IN SPOKANE

$319,900
417 S Sonora Ln
Bed 5 | Bath 4

PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION

Includes Cost of Living compares for child care, utilities, transportation, health, taxes, housing for home owners vs renters, weather, insurance premiums and so much more.