Select a New Section:

Unknown
Scottsdale

Start Your Review of Scottsdale, AZ

12/6/2015
verichimos own tiffany company louis vutton operat
Florece italy trying help ms lewis full hysterectomy , take care verichimos grt fds tff

12/17/2014
You all understand why Scottsdale is the way it is
Here's the thing, Scottsdale has less people per square mile than say, Phoenix. So each individual is paying higher property taxes. Which takes money. Areas that have money, get a reputation.

So I'm a native Arizonan. My youth was Phoenix & Glendale & Scottsdale was "Snotsdale". That was just the way it was. But to others, it was something to achieve. Like how all the rappers brand drop in their raps, many Arizonans aspired to "finally" live where the money was because, that means they have money.
But unfortunately that mindset only brings you into circles where people think the same way.

I have lived in Scottsdale for 12 years. It is a great place to raise a family and I am now convinced the sad, money & status hungry ghouls are not in my neighborhood. They're all in Old Town or close to it. I don't talk to vapid people and everyone I know is REAL. The people that we associate with are people who actually try to make a difference in this town and that alone changes the game.

If you change your goal and the people you associate with you will see a different Scottsdale.

8/5/2014
Don't Hate
All cities have a mixed crowd of people, Scottsdale is no different. Of course the old town bar goers are going to be young and somewhat obnoxious and the cougars at Sapporo make for interesting people watching but there are lots of down-to-earth people in Scottsdale as well.

Scottsdale has good schools, lots to do, sunshine, mountains, golf, and more. If you don't like what you're seeing, change your view. Try a new corner or restaurant. Move to a new neighborhood or subdivision. I've been selling real estate in Scottsdale since early 2000. I've met all types and can tell you there are more good people in this town than these comments seem to indicate.

7/4/2014
People here are trying WAY too hard.
It's funny this is on here because I moved here from SoCal recently and was thinking the same thing about the phoniness. It's like they are trying really hard to be like L.A but it's not working out. It's ironic because a lot of people in Scottsdale have an attitude, but don't have the credentials to back it. There are a lot of wannabes in L.A too, don't get me wrong, but you also have a lot of people in the entertainment industry, so you do have a lot of ACTUAL success there. The funny thing is that in L.A, the people tend to be a lot more easygoing and laid back. The attitude here is so much worse and for no good reason. It's like they're overcompensating for the fact that they're seriously lacking. It kind of makes me laugh in a way because I mean, here in Scottsdale - WHO are these people again? Yeah...no one.

P.S Hopefully this didn't post more than once. I've been having trouble with this site!

6/12/2014
I miss California more than words can say!
I just moved to Scottsdale from L.A for work, and so far it is nothing like I imagined it would be - it's worse!

I can take the heat, no problem. I can take a few bad drivers, I've met more than my share. However, what I cannot tolerate and will never understand is narrow-minded, judgmental attitudes and overall coldness from the people. I don't understand how anyone here is happy. Most of them seem absolutely miserable, and I've found it agonizing interacting with the vast majority of the people with whom I've had the displeasure of meeting. Even something as simple as going to the grocery store turns into some confrontation with another jackazz who thinks they are somehow entitled to treat others poorly. On numerous occasions, I've been looked up and down for reasons I don't understand. I look like I fit "the part" perhaps, but I couldn't be more opposite as a human being - something I'm very grateful for. The other day, for instance, I was minding my own business in the grocery store, and went to grab a box of cereal. Suddenly, some lady shoved into my cart with hers, brushed past me in the aisle and then glared at me, as though I was the one in the wrong. Many times, I have smiled at people, only to be rudely dismissed or met with total coldness. No one here has really gone out of their way to introduce themselves, smile or even bother getting to know me. It's awful. Within my first week of moving into my new house, a neighbor knocked on my door. I assumed he was just wanting to introduce himself, but I was in for a rude surprise. Instead, he said, "I'm Dave from next door. I was wondering when you were planning on cutting your tree that is hanging down over my bushes. You need to tell your landscaper to cut it about four feet." Then he walked off and said, "Have a nice day" with such sarcasm that it was hard not to run after him and smack him.
Typically, I refrain from passing judgment on others until they have disrespected me or otherwise given me a reason to speak out against them. I understand that this attitude doesn't apply to everyone, but unfortunately it seems to apply to most - 90% at best. The people here seem to have deluded themselves into believing that they're special, and for reasons I don't think I'll ever comprehend. While parts of Scottsdale are pretty, overall it's pretty boring with absolutely no diversity among the population. I'm really hoping this experience changes over time, but so far it's looking pretty dismal.

Awful people
I had to move to Scottsdale from Los Angeles for work, and at first I was really looking forward to a new environment and getting to know new people. However, it didn't take long before I realized that the people were going to make it as difficult as possible to get to know. I can't get over the standoffish, judgmental attitude the people around here seem to have everywhere I go. Even at the grocery store, the people seem to be so desperate in trying to impress people and outdo each other. The women are absolutely awful and most (not ALL) of the guys come across like serious douches. It seems like people here really want to be L.A but are failing miserably. Don't get me wrong, you have unpleasant people everywhere, but there just seems to be WAY more of them here than anywhere else. There isn't any diversity, although the people who were born and raised here think there is. I think that's because they don't really understand what it's like living in other parts of the country. A few Hispanics does not constitute diversity. Old Town Scottsdale is packed with wannabes and people trying really hard to look cool. That's the problem here period - the people just try way too hard, and they don't realize how stupid they look doing it. I'm not sure why people think the "scene" here is something impressive - because it's not. It's actually kind of pathetic and sad. The night life is a joke, with just a few clubs in Old Town where people try really hard to convince the person next to them that they're special. I know not everyone is this way, but it just seems like the vast majority of them are. I've been bored out of my mind trying to find fun things to do besides go out to these lame clubs, but there's absolutely nothing here except dirt. It seems like the sun kills everything it touches - including the personalities of the people who live here. It's hard not to cry when I think about what a mistake it was to move here.

Just moved here from California and I regret it al

6/12/2014
Horribly unfriendly people - so depressing!

Just moved here from California and I regret it al

2/12/2014
Crime Index for Scottsdale 85250
Need crime score for above zip code

1/17/2014
North Scottsdale
North Scottsdale is one of the best places to live in Arizona. The communities are friendly and the schools are top notch. There are award winning golf courses and many luxury communities including: Grayhawk, Troon Village, and more. The mountain views are breathtaking and the higher elevation means cooler temperatures. It is a great place to buy a home!

12/7/2013
Rude, snotty, stupid, unsophisticated, unfriendly
I was really excited to be here the first 9 months even though I hadn't found work as a personal chef. I hadn't made any friends, either, which surprised my friends everywhere else. Eventually the place wore on me. I started feeling 'down'. The condo I rented in Oldtown had sewer roaches and it didn't take long for me to realize that my landlords were slumlords. The people in my condo weren't that friendly either. One girl used to come out swinging a bat everytime someone made too much noise. Everyone is backwards here and everyone is "honey" or "sweety" even the job coaches at Wedco call you that (so professional). Well, I've already spent too much time here. I'm not going to let it drag on to 20 years, like everyone else does, and then complain for 20 years. I'm outa here. It's not all it's cracked up to be. Come with a big fortune, and leave with a small one. and age ten years in 1 year, physically and mentally. Really. Wanna die here? Then come and stay.

12/7/2013
Rude, snotty, stupid, unsophisticated, unfriendly

5/30/2013
Scottsdale Is an Amazing Place for Golfers
I love Scottsdale! It is a cosmopolitan city which has 300 days of sunshine per year and over 50 golf courses in the area. Whether you are a novice or a PGA pro, there is a golf course just perfect for you. Many of the courses have great junior golf programs so it is something that the whole family can do together. No other city offers the same lifestyle for golfers.

12/17/2012
Scottsdale Climate
I relocated to this area for a short time to attend school for one semester. For me anything over 85 degrees is too hot. From start of August thru late November the area was, in my opinion, too hot. Hey December has been nice. And yes I knew what weather to expect, but as I stated earlier it was for one semester of school. Due to the very hot summers I would not choose to live in this area.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Compare Scottsdale, Arizona to any other place in the USA.

Select a New Section: